What are the Pros and Cons of Asphalt Driveway Paving
February 26, 2021
Whether you are needing to replace an old driveway or want to install a new driveway, then you must choose a trusted paving contractor that provides asphalt paving Vancouver services, such as Dhillon Bros Paving Ltd. They offer you various paving options for your residential driveway. Before settling on asphalt paving services, you should first consider its pros and cons. So, let us help you with that by providing the advantages and disadvantages of using asphalt paving for your driveway.
There are several things you should know before installing an asphalt driveway paving for your residential property. Based on the cons and pros of asphalt paving, you can easily make the decision of whether or not to choose it.
Similar Post: 6 Reasons Why you should Choose Asphalt Paving
Pros of having Asphalt Driveway Paving
- Having an asphalt driveway gives your home an aesthetically pleasing look.
- Its deep color does not get easily affected by harsh weather or sunlight exposure.
- The neutral tone of asphalt paving matches your home and does not distract from other features.
- The inexpensive cost of asphalt paving is another main benefit it provides to its customers. It is less expensive compared to stamped concrete and custom-made interlock stone driveways. The replacement cost of asphalt paving is also less.
- Asphalt paving is environment friendly, as it can easily be recycled. So, you can consult asphalt paving Vancouver contractors like Dhillon Paving for replacement or installation.
- Due to the flat surface provided by asphalt paving, snow can be easily shoveled or blown away. Asphalt paving provides flexibility for your property as it is less prone to cracks and heaving when winter occurs.
So, these are some of the pros of having asphalt paving for the driveway. Let us discuss its cons.
Also Read: How to Hire an Asphalt Paving Contractor in Vancouver
Cons of having Asphalt Driveway Paving
Besides having some pros, there are some cons as well for having asphalt paving driveway. So, let us focus on them:
- The main con of having asphalt driveway paving is that it requires maintenance every two years. Paving contractors will maintain your asphalt paving with the help of seal coating. A good seal ensures that the surface is protected and does not get affected by harsh weather conditions. You can consult Dhillon Bros Paving Contractors for asphalt paving in Vancouver.
- It is essential to keep your driveway clean at least twice a year. Although the cost of repairing or cleaning the asphalt driveway is not high, the maintenance part consumes a lot of time. You should clean your asphalt paving driveways monthly with some soapy water and a bristle brush.
- When asphalt paving becomes old, then cracks and holes start developing in it. Make sure to get on them as soon as you can, to prevent further damage. You can contact asphalt paving Vancouver to get hassle-free maintenance for your asphalt paving.
So, these are some pros and cons of asphalt paving. Now, you will have a better idea of whether or not to choose it for your residential driveway.